I’ve forgotten what chocolate ice cream tastes like.
Archive for April, 2010
Mostly just to prove that I’m alive…
- broke my toe last Thursday. It turned an amazing shade of purple that ran down my toe and covered about 1/4 of the top of my foot. There’s not really much you can do for a broken toe except to tape it to it’s neighbor, ice, Motrin, and hobble around for a few days. The limp is barely noticeable and I was able to do some cardio today for the first time since the boo-boo’ing happened. I’d like to say I eased back into it, but I didn’t. It’s Tuesday so that means running stadiums with the gang. Yeah. I did it.
- The kids are on Spring Break this week but since it fell on a week when they’re with their Dadda, I didn’t take off of work. He did and his mom is in town from Denver visiting and best I can tell (i.e. absence of 100 calls a day from the kids) all is well and everyone’s having a great time.
- I had to sit through a morning of continuing education today. Very stab-worthy. It didn’t give me a percentage score at the end – just that I had successfully completed the modules. I’m too Type-A to be satisfied with that. I want to know if I scored a 70 (the minimum required) or if I rocked it into the 90′s (like I did when I originally sat for the Series 6/63 exams). Must.Know.Score. Gah!
- Weight loss update: As of last Thursday, I’m officially down 52 lbs. I still have a hard time believing I had let myself get back up to a weight where it necessiates such a drastic loss. I’m back in my size 10′s but I still am considered “obese”. Horrid isn’t it? Less than 10 lbs to go. I may treat myself to a new life insurance policy (sheesh…can’t ever stop working can I? Even for myself. Now I feel like a dork.).
- The weather has crossed over from ridiculously cold to wow holy cow it’s Spring! In Florida! I’ve spent a few Saturday’s out by the pool and look forward to wasting large amounts of time doing pretty much the same. The kids are finally good enough swimmers that I can only keep 1/2 of an eye on them. My ears work pretty well so if I can’t hear them I pop my head up to see what’s going on. Even as they get older, when their quiet – they’re getting into trouble of some sort.
Ok. I’m done. Buh-bye.
Posted in Daily Life |